Saturday, October 3, 2009

October 3, 2009 Kansas City, MO to Springfield, IL

DDG received an email taking him to task for getting slack on the map details the last few day, so here's the skinny:

From Sioux Falls, south on I-29 to Sioux City, then exit on US77 south to Walthill, then NE94 west to Pender, NE.

From Pender, NE, take NE16 south to NE51 east to IA175 to I-29 south to I-435 (to get to Cabela's) to I-70 east to east Kansas City, exit 28 to the KOA.

From Exit 28, east I-70 to US54 north to I-72, east to Springfield, IL.

The total joy of the day was finding as we passed into the great state of Illinois that "Trucks weighing more than 4 tons, campers, trailers and motorhomes" are restricted to a speed limit of 55 MPH, even on the interstate. ZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

Oh, did I mention that fuel prices increased $.30/gal. as we crossed the border?

The scenery changed form the supersized farms and fields to the size we are more used to seeing "back east". The crop selection, however, remained the same.

Tomorrow it is on to Decatur, IN and the Fleetwood factory!

Love to all,

MMG and DDG

No comments:

Post a Comment